Saturday, May 9, 2009

New Odds & Ends


Hi Everyone!

This is a normal thing in our house these days; Jade follows me through every room of the house and the cats are always wanting attention from her! Haha! It's really very funny to watch! Aspen actually chases Jade around! Poor Jade! She just wants to play!

Sorry it has taken us forever to keep y'all updated, but we just honestly haven't had much time! And to be more truthful, when I get home at night, after sitting on the computer all day at work I really don't feel much like getting back on it again!

This was Josh and I trying to fit our super long truck into our overstuffed, tiny one car garage! Haha! We got it in right as the hail started coming down!

HOWEVER, I am going to update a little!! = )

As you can see, it was almost snowing, there was so much hail!! Golf ball sized where we were!

Not too much has gone on outside of work for us really; we've only been out by ourselves twice and only once can really be called a date! Lol! The first, we went to Chili's randomly in the middle of the week because neither of us felt like cooking! And the other was when Josh took me to a movie on Monday! We watched the new X-Men: Wolverine Movie - very good! Not everything about the series really follows with the comic books too well but, it still made for a nice time! We had fun and it was good to get out of the house and spend time together! Oh! We also got the chance to stumble upon a small car show! It was fun and we won a hammock for having military ID on us! Haha! Now I have 2!

Also, we have celebrated a few birthdays at these past few months. My nephew, Justice's bday was in April and he is 6! WOW!!! Josh's best friend Garret also had a birthday in April and is 26. My sister Jenny's bday was the first of May and she is now 27!!! OLD! Haha, ask her about her birthday card that we sent if you get the chance to see her! My brother Josh's bday was May 2nd and he is 19 this year; it makes me feel old! I can remember him as a baby!!! So little the first time I saw him!! I just wish I had been a better sibling over the years to all of them. My family in the south I haven't seen for a few years and they still haven't met my Josh! Nor have we got to meet Kevin, Beth's husband! I can't WAIT to get the opportunity to get out there!Josh's little sister Nikki also turned 17 on the 3rd of May. We got to go to a little get together at her parents for her and I DEFINITELY creamed her good with icing in the face & hair! It was great, although she almost broke my nose on accident! Sheez! = ) I'll get the pictures from my father in law and post them soon! They're great!


Here are the two grandmas, Ging Castleberry on the left and Ging Phillips on the right! Everyone was just starting to show up for Nikki's bday party!


I actually had the great time of throwing a Pampered Chef party in the new house the last couple weeks of April! It was fun! A lot of people from work and a few good friends showed up! It was a lot of fun & our consultant, Ranai is great!

Josh is getting along well at Home Depot and I like my job at the hospital. Still waiting on Tech to reply back on college for the fall for me. It takes them forever to decide on the freshman! Josh has already been accepted as a sophomore!!!! Good gravy! I wish they'd hurry up already! Even though lately I'm not sure what I want to do again! I've been entertaining Culinary Arts school, however, the closest one is Dallas and the best in Texas is in Austen. So... that is probably not optional right now! *Sigh* I want to do soooo MANY things! There just isn't enough time in one lifetime! Ya know?!

This is how Josh and Jade spend most of their time, spooning! Josh lays on the floor after work and Jade just comes up and plops herself right down! It is so funny to see in person!

I've had the chance to read a few books, with Josh going to bed by 8 o'clock to get up at 3am! Yes, I know that I could have better used the time by writing or calling my family but, in absolute truth, I was immensely enjoying my bit of free and quiet time. Everything just rushes by sometimes and I feel like I never get enough time to spend just by myself, so I take advantage of it when I can!

I have just recently finish Jane Austen's Pride & Prejudice - Good! And before that I read the Twilight series through twice!! Stephenie Meyer is a really great writer and I love her books to the same degree as Harry Potter! I recommend them to ANYONE!!!! They are just wonderful! I would just love to meet the author! But, who wouldn't! Haha! Check out her website @: http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/ The 2nd book, New Moon, will be released to the theaters Nov of this year! Watch for it! The movie, in my opinion, wasn't as great as the books, but it was still fun to watch! And NO, I don't think that Rob Pattinson is cute at all (sorry Nikki!).


Playing music has really started to come up again as of recent. At work, my iPod is constantly attached to my head! I have found some new classical music that I have been enjoying (check out Brian Crain! He has a great cd on piano/cello duets!) Before, in California, my good friend Kyna had offered to give me piano lessons, which I never did take her up on! I am such a ding dong! I really want to learn how to play! I also want to learn to play the cello and am seriously debating on taking lessons through a music studio here on either or both. But, again, we will have to wait and see. Just because I like to listen doesn't mean that I will like to play, though I really think I will! Haha! So, we'll give it a month and if by then I am really set on it, then perhaps I'll get the courage to take lessons as an adult among children prodigies!

Speaking of child prodigy, Zoey is going to be a great little dancer! She'll be able to start dance lesson at 3 so, after Halloween! Here Nikki did her eye shadow which went great with her fruit roll up green tongue! Heehee!

I really do miss California and all my friends, not just there but back home too. I have a few friends here who I have met through family acquaintance but mostly, I am too busy to really meet anyone. Maybe it's just as well with school starting in a few months. Most of our time will be devoted to schoolwork & projects. So, we'll see how everything goes.

Josh is always stealing her toys! This one in particular is her favorite! She WANTED it!

As far as puppies are concerned, we are still waiting. Jade will be with us for a few more months, at least and with school starting up soon we don't want to have no time to spend with two puppies! So, once we get settled into a schedule and see what our times like then, then we will decide on puppies!


This, sadly for Jade, was the night when the head got ripped of her favorite toy! It actually happened a few minutes after this picture was taken!

Anyhoo- I need to get off here! I have a LOT of cleaning to do!!! Josh is at work but he send his love!! I'll try to call or email soon!

Love ,

Jess

1 comment:

Lynne Howard said...

Ha - you are a ding dong. : ) Good updates!