Monday, April 20, 2009

Our new life

We have been in Texas now for about 2.5 months, and we have finally started to get into a "normal" routine of day-to-day life. Between moving, getting jobs, registering for college, spending time with the family, etc.... things are starting to settle down.

Most of you probably know that I now work at the Home Depot, and Jess works at the Covenant Specialty Hospital. I work from 0400-1300 tue-fri, and 0500-1400 on Sat. Jess works 0700-1600 mon-fri. We can't really complain about work because we both get 40 hrs a week, and in this economy you have to be grateful for that. We both plan on staying with these jobs throughout college, but dropping down to part time during the school year. On the college note, I am all set to start classes in the Fall. Registration went very quickly for me since I was a prior student at Texas Tech. I have registered for 13 hrs this fall, and will be classified as a Sophomore due to my credit transfers. Jess is still waiting on her application to be processed, but she meets the guaranteed admission standards, so should have no problem.

Our house is coming along well. It feels much more like home since we have done some minor remodeling, painting, and got all of our stuff put out and on the walls. We bought some new furniture including a master bedroom set, and living furniture! Very nice! Below are some pictures of the house.

The dining room was the nasty brown color you see on the wall. We did a little fixin' up.

Jess's kitchen.

Nikki decorated our 2nd bathroom with her hands.... We still have not done anything else to the walls! lol...

The new dining room... Much better

Moving in day... I hate moving

Jade, my brother's 100lb rot...
Zoey with her blanket that Jess's mom made.


Our new living room furniture
Jess, unpacking the dishes

Having family around is nice. We spend a lot of time with my family, eating meals or just hanging out. Nikki comes to our house quite a bit too to eat, or just hang out. We are really excited that Jess's family might come out to visit this Summer (fingers crossed), and Lynne is hoping to come out around Thanksgiving! If anyone else wants to come visit, we have a room for ya'. Just come on by...

Other than that, life is pretty normal. Our only day off together is Sunday, so we try to make the best of it. Yesterday we went to the National Ranching Heritage Center, which we really enjoyed. Anne and Lynne will really enjoy this when they come! Unfortunately we left our camera at home and do not have any pictures. Oops

Well, I gotta go. It's my day off, and I got some things to take care of around the house. Until next time.....


Josh----->

8 comments:

Josh Quigley said...

We will take come New photos of the house and put them on the next blog....

Lynne Howard said...

MILITARY TIME! no more- you're a civilian!!! write it like a normal person.

Lynne Howard said...

cool! I like the house, nice furniture. And I like "Jess's Kitchen" - we all know that's where she works her best magic : ). I can't wait to come visit yall!

Anne Hoyt said...

yes please write times in Normal People time so we can understand it! And Jess, you have a big, Real kitchen now!! yay! AND I You guys have our couch!! We got it in cream though, and the chair to match in the brown. The chair you got doesn't go with the couch set though, does it? Is yours microfiber?! It looks JUST like ours!! I am sick of ours. You could have just taken ours for free!! Then I could have gotten a new one! :) Anyway, the house looks good! I like the new dining room colors!!! Good job guys! Fun! :)

Annette Hoyt said...

CUTE! I like the new design! More house update pics when you get a chance! :)

MsJamie2008 said...

Hey Jess and Josh,

I def digging the new page! Cool!!!

Well just wanted to stop in and say Thank you for the letter, it's been kind of hard to get on the computer since my surgery but def was nice to hear from you guys.

I am glad things are okay for you guys.. Def think the doggy is cool, that happens to be Dirks favorite type of Dog so that was cool to show him from your page.

Drew says Hi!

Luv always
Jamie and Drew

Lynne Howard said...

Are you going to leave the handprints up on the walls in the 2nd bathroom??!

Anne Hoyt said...

UPDATES!!!!! (please!) :) Did you guys fall off the face of the earth?! I haven't heard from my best friend at all in, months!!!!