Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Nothing new in San Diego, but the rain!

So life is San Diego is very monotonous these days... I work Sunday through Thursday from 1500-2300. Jess works Monday through Friday from 0700-1600. So when I get off work, she is asleep. When she wakes up to go to work I am asleep. When I go to work, she is still at work... The only good thing is that we have Friday nights, and all day Saturday together. So life is good ;)

Jess is just about to finish up her EMT-B course. She has her practical test, and final next week. Then she has to take the national registry exam (fingers crossed baby!) Then she will be done!!! She is worn out between work and school, and is in much need of some time to relax.

On a good note, we recently discovered (we think) that Jess will have more terminal leave days than we thought. Basically that means that she has less days of the Marine Corps to deal with. We will find out for sure on Thursday, so fingers crossed for that too!

We are both ready to move. I have been in contact with Texas Tech University, and South Plains College to start working the college piece. The only reason I am going to get a degree is because it is free (the government will pick up the tab). I hate the fact that America/the World puts soooooo much emphasis on the importance of a college degree. Unfortunately, the ever so important "piece of paper" is required to open doors... Whatever. My 7 years in the Marine Corps is much more valuable than any degree. ((I feel rebelious today. Do not lecture me on the importance of a collge degree.))

On a good note, it has been raining here. For those of you who do not know, San Diego's average annual rainfall is only 9.45". So the rain is welcome, always...

That's all folks'
Josh----->

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Josh, thanks for the update! I hate college too. It is stupid. I worked my BUTT off for 4 years.... to do what?! I am STILL working the SAME job in a grocery store as I worked when I was 16, all through high school and college! It sucks! I feel like college was useless!

BUT I know that I have NO CHANCE of advancing in the workforce EVER without my college degree. It is useless, and I do not feel even the slightest bit more prepared for my career (unless it was in youth ministry which is what my degree is in, but I am not going that route!) with my degree. But you know that you won't be able to get a decent job without a degree! The stupid piece of paper and hours of hard work will get you places! So stick to it!

I wish you guys could move to CO eventually and live by/with me and Tyler! That would be the coolest! And I understand about your missing each other, with crazy work hours. That's how we are right now. It sucks. Praying for you guys, for Jess and her exams, and for your transitions right now. Love and miss you both!

Kathy and Walt said...

Josh, quit whining, get back in school and finish it this time.

Dr. Oler

p.s. thanks for the Christmas newsletter and the link to your blog. Even Kathy and I have started one: http://olersailing.blogspot.com/

Kathy and Walt said...

Josh,

We are looking forward to meeting Jess, too.

Don't you remember the "quit whining" response anytime someone complained of sore feet or back?

I know that you will do great. Have any idea what you will study?

Walt