Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Time Well Spent!

YEA!!! = ) Well, as you all know, my sister-in-law, Nikki, is staying with me for 2 weeks! = ) Lol, we're having so much fun! And the best part? My cats love her! That's something in itself!!!


SAN DIEGO ZOO 8-11-07
Last Saturday we made our way to the world famous San Diego Zoo! = ) It was fun!!!! As soon as we walked into the gates, we had our pictures drawn! It was so cool! The lady who drew us had some serious talent! And she drews us with whatever animals we wanted! Nikki got a cute little fox and she put me riding a big 'ol gray elephant!!! My favorite!Then we took a little stroll thru the reptile house! Talk about scary if any of those guys ever got out! But some of them were so cool! Like this guy! In'nt he neat?? Awwww!!!!!! Here's a fluffy little Flamingo chick! It was so cute! Nikki thought they were just adorable and I agree!
Ya know what I just realized?? We never went and saw the gorillas or the oragatangs!!! Haha! Whoops!
But we did make it to see Josh's favorite; the Polar Bears!!! Last time I went these guys were sleeping! And Iam sure that the only reason they're up now is because the trainer threw them a little bit of food! = )
And here we are waiting in line to see the world famous Pandas! And for those of you who do not know, our zoo here just got another addition to its Panda family! The newest baby was born on August 3rd! Right now mother and cub are off display until it gets a little bit bigger! Did you know a newly born panda weighs as much as a stick of butter?! 4 ounces!!!! W-O-W!! that's a small baby! Especially since mom is upwards of 900 lbs!
Here's older brother, Mei Sheng, in the back ground! Isn't he cute? Well, this 180 lb cub is going to China this October to the research center!!! How exciting for him! The only thing to worry about would be the plane ride!!! Flying all the way to China!! But, he gets "crate trained" every day and the goal is 20 hours! To read more go to : http://www.sandiegozoo.org/zoo/ex_panda_station.html and kee p up with these wonderful animals and the people who work really hard to keep them from extinction!
And here is MY FAVORITE!!! ELEPHANTS!! = D Ever since my awesome ride and outstanding time that I had with the elephants in Thailand, I cannot seem to get enough of them! They are beautiful and so intelligent! Granted, they feel like sandpaper... they are a lotta fun!!! And here is Nikki and I with the Koala lady, who the kids kept calling the "mouse"! ; ) We were a little sunburned at this point so, we left a little early! I can't wait to go back!!

BANNER PARTY!!! 8-12-07

As you can tell, we had a little too much fun with the paint! = ) But, what's life if you can't have a little fun?! Nikki and I also made our own posters once we got home because we had so much fun!!! =)
we miss you, Josh!!!!!!!!


we have a few more days left before Nikki goes home, and we plan to make the most of it! I took 2 days of leave so that we could maximize our time together! Tomorrow it's off to the beach in Del Mar! We also plan to hit up Hard Rock San Diego, Wings and Things, and teh Fashion Island Mall in Newport Beach within the next couple of days!! I plan to take lots of pictures, so, stay tuned in!!!! MUAH!!!! We miss and love you all!!!




No comments: