Friday, August 24, 2007

Single Digits!!!

Wow! It is hard to believe that I have been gone for over 190 days! I remember when I had that many left until going home... But here we are! I am so excited about coming home, I miss Jess so much! There are so many things that we want to do, but sitting around and doing nothing but talking to each other is first on my list! This just became my longest deployment, my last was 184 days. The difference in this one was that we had no days off!! Can you imagine working 12 hour days for 200 days straight! No days off! It's kind of funny though, because it doesn't seem that bad, I guess because it seems like groundhog day. It is the same thing every day, after day, after day... Whew, I will definitely be glad to mix up my routine a little. I am going to keep this short, there is much work to get done so we can get out of here on time. Most likely the next time that I write on this, I will be doing it from the comfort of my home, with Jess! So until next time...

On a side note: My first OIC (officer in charge) was tragically killed in a motorcycle accident a couple of days ago. Captain Quick left behind his wife and two young children. Please keep them in your prayers.

Josh

5 comments:

Jessica said...

YEA BABY!!!! 8 more days!!! I AM SO EXCITED!!! I remember when it was 192 days... it just seems so weird that we're down to 8, ya know?! But hey, who's complaining! NOT ME!! I am so excited!! Be safe! I am off to dream of your homecoming! = D
Love, me

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESS!!!!!!! to my favorite Messy Jessie Wessy Poo!! Did you get our package? Did you open it?! Did you like the gifts I got you? The one thing was because I used a lot of yours during the summer. The other thing was a joke, kind of, and kind of serious! ha ha! hope you have an AMAZING birthday!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday my love! I miss you and cannot wait to be home and give you that Birthday kiss!!! MUAH!!! :)~

Anonymous said...

josh, i can't believe how you work so many days, so long and hard without a day off to rest! you are truly a hero. don't ever forget that. there are people back here rooting for you and proud of you! and praying for you! and i definitely admire and respect you. but none more than your loving wife :) . we're happy you get to come home soon!
love you guys!
-Lynne

Anonymous said...

5 days!!!!!! woo hoo! Ty is going camping with me and the family and the horses at Salamonie, so neither of our phones will work this weekend. But send me an email if you get bored...your last weekend being bored....!!!!!!!!! your husband is coming home very soon! exciting! praying for you guys! love!!!!