Friday, August 3, 2007

35 days... & counting...

Hey Everybody!!! = ) Well, we are almost down to the end of the summer!! About to start school again for those of you still in High school or college. And for those of us working full time.. welllll..... it's still work for us! But, it may not be too much more time until I get out of the Marine Corps!! I know that we were all looking at 24 Feb 2009, but, with my medical problems, I may be separated within the next couple of months! It's kind of exciting!!! = ) So, pray real hard for a good outcome on that! The Lord says He will help those who help themselves; I've done everything absolutely possible to make a transition out easy! The only thing we are waiting to hear is the doctor give me the "OK" and papers saying he is for my separation! So, PRAY HARD!!!! PLLLEEEAAAASSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!





Only a few more weeks and Josh will be home!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!! = D We are both so excited to see each other!!! It will be great to see his handsome face, hold his hand again... and give him a big fat kiss! MUAH!!! We are both planning some fun adventures to do once he comes home!! Small things like eating at our favorite local spots.. and big things like taking the 4+day trip to Reno, NV, for Josh's awards conference! I will be much more happy and A LOT LESS STRESSED once Josh comes home! It's getting to that point in those last couple of weeks where you just seem to get fed up with everything!! Work, people, waiting in line for gas... EVERYTHING!! But, now is definitely the time for patience. It won't be good for either of us if we both start to fall apart at the seems! We're that double stitch that keeps our life together... and just because we are far apart does not mean that that stitching is going to unravel!! It may have stretched pretty thin at times over these last 6+ months... but, we've made it this far, I'm not gonna let that break now! And I know that Josh won't either! = ) So, for those of you out there who tap into our blog on occasion to read and possibly get some insight, a tip for you... even when it gets so hard, hard to the point that it almost hurts to breath!, just stick in there! If you can learn to communicate over long distances, I mean REALLY communicate, you can make it thru anything! You just have to be willing to give it a chance! And TRUST with every last cell in your body! Because, without communication and trust, you won't make it. You must trust to be able to communicate honestly. Josh and I have developed this skill over the past few years VERY WELL! And we continue to communicate on a daily basis if possible, but, we don't stop once he comes home. We continue to talk about things that happened to us when we're not together, things we want and plan to do together, goals and dreams for the future, etc... So, if you really want the secrets to a good, happy, fulfilling, and LOVE filled marriage, these are ours!

Keep tuning in to see what will happen next! You never know with the two of us! = ) Life changes daily! And Josh's little sister Nikki will be flying on Sunday to stay with me for two weeks! So, keep a lookout for new stories and pictures! Love ya! ~ Jess

2 comments:

Lynne Howard said...

wooo! josh looks like a hottie in that pic!! :) hey my kids in church will be sending prayer and encouragement cards to josh in Iraq, so I'm hopin he gets them before he leaves.
I hope you guys are both doin well! I'm prayin for you both!
-Lynne

Anonymous said...

JESS, update what you and Nikki are doing!! Take and post some pics!!