Monday, February 4, 2013

A New Adventure

I spent the last few days hanging out with friends and family, catching up on their lives as I haven't been able to do over the past few months. I've come to realize, through all this leaving preparation, that I really hate being busy. I feel as if being a busy person with a constantly full schedule of things to do takes away from what is right in front of you, that it takes away from time spent with PEOPLE. That time is so precious because you never know how long it will last.

I told myself that I would not cry upon departure for this trip; it's silly to cry because I will be back in 5 months! I didn't want it to feel as if I am departing for the Underworld, never to see my loved ones again. But I've come to realize that in a way you kind of have to say goodbye because you never know where life will take you. Every day when you walk out the front door to go to work you face the possibility of never walking back through it, so say good bye like you mean it, and put real feeling into your "I Love You"s in your conversations, because you never know when you will get to see them again. 

I got all the way to the security checkpoint with very minimal tear-age, right until Josh pulls a Kleenex out of his pocket and goes, "I brought this for you, for just in case." Hellloooo waterworks. I am actually crying a little right now as I am writing this :') It's not because I think I'll never see him again, but because I miss him already. He is my best friend and this is the first big thing in our married lives that I cannot experience WITH him, and that makes me sad. However, when I remind myself that he will be coming to visit me in May, I feel so much better, because THAT I can share with him.

So to all of my friends and family, know that I love you all dearly, and cherish you very much. I cannot wait to arrive in Greece and continue to share my next adventure with you all. And while I'm gone, I want you to smile everyday for me, and know that I am smiling for you. So share that smile with everyone you can, you never know how it can change someone's day or perhaps even the rest of their life. Every adventure begins with a smile.

Share the adventure.

2 comments:

Lynne Howard said...

You guys spent the first 9 months of marriage, separated by continents, REMEMBER?! I don't know how you guys do it. I can't even leave Brandon for a weekend! Love you! i pray that this will be a wonderful experience for you, and that even when you start to get sad or lonely, that the Lord will bring you peace and comfort.

Josh Quigley said...

Miss you too babe! Sorry to make you use that tissue. ;)