For Valentine's Day weekend, our entire family (Dad, Mom, Zach, Zoey, Nikki, Jess, and I) drove to Santa Fe for a quick weekend getaway. It is about a 5 our drive from Lubbock, and we got into town about 1400 local time. As soon as we got there we went to eat lunch at The Shed, my Dad's favorite place in the world. Red or Green??? Everyone got red except Jess, who got an amazing burger instead. After lunch we walked around downtown for a while were the Indians from all the local Pueblos bring their jewelry, art, and other misc items. It is a very neat, and unique experience to talk to them all. After walking around a bit we went and checked into our hotel, the El Ray. Our room was more like an apartment! That night we rented our skis and snowboards then played a game called "scategories". It was fun!
Jess and I in downtown Santa Fe
Shopping at the Square with all the Pueblo Indians
Zoey "talking" on the phone. She is too cute!
The next morning we (Zach, Nikki, Jess, and I) woke up early to drive up to the ski basin. We ended up timing it perfectly; we got our lift tickets just minutes before the lifts opened. We were among the first up the mountain. The boy's and girls split up. Zach and I were skiing and went straight to the top to start the day. Jess and Nikki were snowboarding, and Jess was teaching Nikki how. The first half of the day was amazing. It was cold but the skies were clear, the sun was shining, and there was very little wind. We all met up for lunch at one of the lodges then broke up again. After a couple of more hours we met up again at the lodge. By this time the weather had changed a lot. It was only 15 degrees, cloudy, and the wind was really starting to blow. Jess and Nikki were tired from boarding (which is physically exhausting from what I gather), but Zach and I decided to ski a few more runs. By our last run the snow had all but frozen, and after we both wiped out, we decided it was time to hit the road. We met back down at the lodge then headed back down to town. All in all, we had a great day. That night we hung out with my Dad's friends Kyle and Judy who live in Albuquerque. Dad and Kyle have been friends since the 4th grade!!!! Can you believe that? We had another amazing dinner before we all went back to the hotel, and passed out.... We were all exhausted. :)
Getting ready to drive up the mountain

Jess and Nikki on the slopes

Zach and I down at the lodge

Jess looking all cute!!! Love ya baby!

The whole crew
The next morning we slowly got around then packed our bags. We went downtown again before we left town and ate at the French Pastry shop, then went to the Loretto Chapel. The drive home was uneventful... We had a wonderful trip!!!
Until next time...
Josh and Jess----->
5 comments:
Josh, I can't find an email address for you. But, you should be able to followup to this comment with an email to me.
I love ski trips with Jess!
lol, they're MUCH more fun now that I can actually do it!!! Lol, and snoboarding is MUCH more FUN than skiing!~ I enjoy my legs going down the mountain at the same angle!!
~Jess
you are nuts girl! I MUCH more prefer actually GOING down the mountain!! Instead of just falling down! Even if you do get to the point where you can actually go down, it's so much more work and concentration, and I would much rather ski and actually be able to just enjoy going down the mountain rather fast!!
But then again, it's the same difference between Western riding and English riding....and what did you pick!!! lol
UPDATE about your jobs!! and house!!! time for updates! come on, Jess, I know you are not busy working all day! What are you doing?! Update!! :)
Post a Comment