Sunday, June 29, 2008

Godspeed

One of the hardest things about being in the Marine Corps is how fast people come and go from your life. It is one of those things you learn to deal with. Some of the friends go, and they are gone forever. But some friends, you will always keep in touch with.
Jason and Tami Scarborough have become great friends to us. Over the last year and a half we have endured a lot together, both while Jason and I were deployed to Iraq, and back here. We have basically become family to them and their kids (Tyler, Tori, and Jake). And though it was hard saying goodbye, we know that we will see them again...
We all went to the fair on the 27th, ate a lot of nasty food, rode some awesome rides, and had a great time. We stayed with them down on North Island that night, and spent all day on Saturday at the beach once the kiddos got down from Fresno with Tami's parents. At the end of the day we all went down to Joe's Crab Shack and had a little "farewell dinner" to the Scars. Like I said, it was sad. Tami and the kids were Jess's home while I was gone. I think she stayed at their house more than ours... But we know that this friendship will last far beyond our time in the Corps.

And good luck to Jason!!! He has chosen to move into Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD), and for those of you who don't know, it is probably the most intense, and demanding job in the Marine Corps. I know that Jason will do great things there, and we wish him all the luck in the world.

You are in our thoughts and prayers, and we are already looking forward to seeing you all again!
Josh and Jess-

No comments: