Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy 4th of July

I know that this is a little late, but happy 4th of July to everyone. I hope that you all had a safe and wonderful holiday weekend.

Our nation’s freedom, our freedom, is sometimes taken for granted by all of us. We all seem to forget from time to time the sacrifices that so many have made so that we can sleep peacefully at night. We seem to forget that someone’s son or daughter, sister or brother, and father or mother has paid the ultimate sacrifice so that we can truly be free. I hope that you remember every day that there are thousands of men and women all over the world protecting our freedom tonight.

Jess and I had a very quiet weekend. It seems that all of our friends are out of town, or gone. I took Jess on our first mountain bike ride today!!! She did amazing :) I think she will be a sore for a few days, but I think she will ride with me again. Other than that, we really did nothing. Grilled some hot-dogs, steaks, and watched the fireworks from the park by our apartment.

As you can see, our lazy cats did nothing all weekend...

We are both anxious to start our "new lives" outside the Marines. It looks like things might be financially easier than we thought, as there is a new G.I. Bill in the works that looks to benefit us a lot. I will be heading home in early September to hopefully set up some things, look for a house, and things of that nature (not to mention to do a little backpacking in the middle of it). We are so excited to be close to some of our family, and to be normal. Even though I think we will find that being "normal" isn't all that better. :)

But for now it is off to work for 4.5 more days, and then Kevin and Steph will be here. We are really looking forward to acting like tourist for 2 weeks!

Until next time------->
Josh and Jess

8 comments:

Jonny said...

You guys look so great togethor!
I'm jonny by the way.
I came across your blog while browsing.
It's really interesting and i'm a fan.
Well feel free to read/comment my posts.
I'd greatly appreciate it.
:]

About Brandon said...

Hey guys!

Thanks for all you've done to protect our freedom.

Much love!

B

Lynne Howard said...

seriously- no more smoochin for the camera! :) haha.

and I dunno about that jonny character..he's probably not even a real person...!

Hey by the way, I saw an episode of Extreme Makeover Home Edition yesterday that made me think of you two. It was about a Marine Hero, a really inspiring show. You guys can check it out online and watch the full episode, you'd like it! go to abc.com , or go to this link to watch the full episode:

http://abc.go.com/player/?channel=27718

Anonymous said...

yay for updates! I am excited that Steph and Kevin are coming out soon! Take lots of pics and keep us updated on everything during (or after) their trip! Praying for you guys and your transition. Josh...109 days!! (same as my wedding, that's how I know!)

Lynne Howard said...

no slacking on the updates now... we know you have pics of your time with the kids! : )

Anonymous said...

Jessica and Josh,

I hope this finds you both in good spirits and Jessica ready to come back to work :)...

I am glad to hear the visit was awesome and I can tell by the look on your face that there was not a minute you did not have a blast and the kids are going to be missed..:(

Jessica you came into my life in a time that I needed an identity crisis! Through it all you were right by my side and I can never Thank you enough!

We live a wall apart but still just do not have the opportunity to hang out after work, hopefully before you leave we will get to do a few things together.

I have been through thick and thin and you both inspire me to have a better life and I will never forget the both of you for that.

I wish you both, continuous love, peace and happiness and not a dull moment in time!

May your journey be filled with lots of memories and continue to share the pictures, they are beautiful and full of life!

God Bless
Luvz
Jamie and Drew :~

Anonymous said...

Well...wow! That is all I can come up with to describe my current state. To let you know who this is, since I don't have one of these, this is Codie Wright, Christie's cousin. Now back to this comment. It just keeps amazing me to see how the people who I have known throughout my life have grown into adults, and now have lives and families of their own. I'll end this with a congradulations on your marriage, career in the marines, and the overall growth into who you are now. I hope you'll drop me a line at my myspace, it is myspace.com/codiecorner to say hi. Wow!

Anonymous said...

Time for an update!!! :)