
Just a quick update on our lives..... Jess and I are doing great. There are 1,001 things going on right now but that seems to be the norm lately. Jess is still waiting on her seperation package to be completed by the squadron. It takes a while because us Marines, don't like paperwork. I'm sure that it is sitting on someones desk under a pile of other junk. So we will see how long it takes to get through. Luckily for us I know severall people in 101 that have many more stripes than I do, and I am going to call in a favor.... So fingers crossed all goes well there. As for me (josh) I just transferred to my "new new" squadron. HMM-163, the Evil Eyes. There I will work on CH-46's, .50 CAL machine guns, and electronic countermeasures (ECM, Chaff and Flare). It is a BIG difference from F-18's, in fact a much easier and less demanding job. I am already bored. It is kind of cool though because I am the highest ranking person in my shop!! IM THE BOSS! I have still not decided if I will deploy with this unit or not. If I did, I would leave in about 11 months. This deployment would be much different than before, I would go on a boat, and instead of dropping bombs and stuff we would move people and gear around. I am in a unique, and uncommon position to choose if I want to deploy or not because my EAS (end of active service) date is October this year. So until I reenlist, I can not deploy. I have several options, but have not decided what I want to do... Right now I am doing a lot of thinking, and hoping that an answer will pop into my head soon. We will see---------->

Jess and I went to Point Loma today. It is a beautiful place with high cliffs, views of downtown and North Island, rocky shores...... Just a neat place! We walked around for a while viewing the light house, visitors center, ruins from Ft. Rosecrans, the beach, the Cabrillo National Monument, and much more......! We had a great time and took some neat pics, I hope you enjoy them!

Here I am.............. thinking!

Jess outside the Point Loma light house. Supporting Indiana and Starbucks!
Looking down from inside the lighthouse. You can't actually get all the way to the top, but it was really neat. Plus there was this cute girl following me around everywhere!

One would think that Jess took this picture... She has a fetish for cool signs..... BUT I DID!

Above is a Coopers Hawk, below a Brown Pelican. We had several other neat shots of Seagulls, but Jess would kill me if I put one on here! She hates them things..... I got really lucky on the pelican shot.... Neat pic!

And we will end with the woman I love.... Jumping for joy~
We love and miss you guys! Until next time-------->
Josh and Jess
2 comments:
Cool pics! thanks for updating josh! I really liked the one of Jess in the lighthouse! And the pelican picture! Looks like fun! you should post pics of your anniversary date weekend! ANd if you choose to be deployed, do it AFTER October 25! That is an important day! :) And you are my videographer! But i could always find some one else I suppose :) I am praying for you!
Josh and Jess, I am keeping the prayers going about Jess getting out. I'm not sure what to pray for on Josh, his new job and deployment. I hate the idea of another deployment, but whatever is the right thing for you, son, your dad and I will support 100%. We love you both very very much. I really enjoyed the lighthouse pictures. Very cool! Love, Mom Q
Post a Comment