Thursday, September 24, 2009

Work, Exams, and STRESS!!!!!!

WHEW!!! I am soooooooooooooooooooooo sorry guys!! It has been FOREVER!!! I meant to get on here and do an update for the 9/11 anniversary and couldn't figure out how to upload a darn video clip! Grr! However, Josh will help me do this one!! HAHA!!!! = ) And so he did!! I hope that this video touches your hearts and keeps us from forgetting, like it is so easy to do once a tragedy is behind us. And be sure to outwardly support our brothers in arms, regardless of your political views. They do what they do so we can have those views ya know...




(9-24-09) ANYWHO~ MAN-O-MAN!!!! SO BUSY!!! We are now well into the first semester, and have taken our first set of exams this week!! Pray for Josh and his History exam this morning!! He's already finished with PolySci, Chem, and something else, I think. I did Chem last night and Animal Science on Tuesday night! I got a B on Chem (better than what I figured!!!!!) and I won't know animal science until Friday ( I got a 97%-BEST IN CLASS!!!!!) I'm just glad to be done with SHEEP!!!! Ug! My first exam for horse management isn't until October, when I have midterms for the rest of my classes! Lol! I LOVE that class!! It is AWESOME!! Not because of the lack of testing but because of the content! = ) I will be sitting down with my advisor soon to discuss my schedule for the rest of my time at Tech. I'm technically considered Animal Production but with a certificate in Equine Studies. I want to get rid of extra classes and plug in Equine classes into their spots! I'm stressed about all these extra classes that I feel I just don't need to take. Like Trig. College, however, feels that you should be well rounded. Let's seee... 5 years active service, around the world travel... Hmmm.... I think at this point I am as well rounded as you get! Lol! Maybe literally! ;-)

Anywho! It is actually taking me multiple days to write this. Again, sorry! I had work this morning and then my orientation for Barnes and Noble was this afternoon! It's so exciting!! The new 2 story store opens here November 4th! So I'm only on-call for the hospital now and Josh put in his 2 weeks notice to Home Depot this past week! YEA!!!! So now he is fully part-time at Mountain Hideaway!! I'm glad that things are FINALLY starting to settle down! Well, somewhat as far as time goes anyway. Neither of us are in any extracurricular activities outside of school, though I have signed up for volunteering some time out at the Texas Tech Equestrian Center to give me a little "credit" to put on applications since I can't be in any groups this year.

Here's me at work!!! This was a few days ago, before I took down all my stuff. And, I'm not really as fat as this picture makes me appear, Ipromise! I'm just all squished out on my ball! And I am TIRED!!! UG!!

Most of the things Josh and I discuss these days are school related, as you can probably guess. Sorry if some of this gets a little redundant for those of you already finished with school. But it's still a big worry for us! Like INTERNSHIPS!!! One is required for my degree; not too sure if Josh's is required or not. Probably. Well, for my degree, almost everyone goes down to the four sixes (6666 Ranch) in Guthrie, Texas. For any of you who are horse savvy, it's a world famous Quarter Horse Ranch. (The vet there helped design our horse program!)Well, I kinda wanna do something DIFFERENT from everyone else! So, this week I mailed out a letter of interest to Anheuser-Busch concerning internship opportunities with their Clydesdale Program. Many don't know that they have one of the largest herds in the entire world. They have an amazing breeding program and of course, the world famous hitches, some even in their amusement parks. Pray for that!!! If not, well... I guess its off to the 6666 for me!


OR

So this past week Jack got SPAYED!!! And to look at her you wouldn't even know it! Well, except for the metal stitches. Other than that she jumps around like usual! Crazy dog! And we're babysitting my mom's Cocker Spaniel, Shadow, while they get their apartment life situated! Please pray for that; it's not going as well as everyone hoped. The place is a bit on the ridiculous side and they are talking about finding a new apartment already! After only 2 weeks! Good gravy!


Can you see her little pink belly?!

What else??.... well, we haven't had the chance to really go on many dates, what with school, work, and family. However, we did go to T.G.I.Fridays this last weekend (shut up Anne) and watch parts of the Tech game, and even won a free dessert!! Rock on! Other than that, we just try to hang around the house and get our homework done. Thankfully, football season is underway so we never get bored at home!!! Everyone root for the Chargers tomorrow! They're playing the Miami Dolphins at home in San Diego!!! Let me tell you, I absolutely LOVE to wear my Chargers jersey around campus on/before/or after Cowboys games!! Heehee!! The looks I get!! Oh boy!! People here are almost as bad as Raiders fans!! At least no one gets stabbed here, though. ;-)

In between everything, I have actually managed to read a book! (Don't I always?!) It was one that I had bought at the Cowboy Symposium (for pictures, see my finally updated Facebook! Yippee!!). It was a good book, though I wouldn't recommend it to anyone easily offended by graphic images. It's a story about the last of the Texan/Indian wars before we completely stole everything.... oh man, here I go... don't even get me STARTED on the ridiculousness of our "American History"... you'd really be ashamed if you knew what's in half the books I've been reading. This one, though, happens to be fictional and is a good read. It's called Ride the Wind by Lucia St.Clair Robson. Good!


The book on the left is Ride the Wind and the book on the right is a compilation of stories by this vet and they are FUNNY! I'm reading it now!


For those who have already seen the pictures on his Facebook, Josh has cut off the beard! Lol, as soon as he shaved it off he started to grow it back! Haha! Silly man! I love him anyway he looks!! =) Now he just reminds me of the guys I married ALMOST 3 YEARS AGO! Can you believe it??! Time sure does fly right on by!!




As you can tell, he decided to cut it off in stages... what a big ole dork! But hey, I love him!!

Well guys, as I am tired and now done with all of my English homework, I am going to be old and go to bed before 1030 on a Saturday. I am TIRED. Maybe next time I will get on here and backdate some 0pictures from my extra credit project for Horse Management: I had to attend the annual Cowboy Symposium. = ) Hard work, lemme tell ya.

Love, Jess

7 comments:

Anne Hoyt said...

YAY for the awesome update!!!!!!! Ha ha it is so weird to hear you talk about school and hw and internships, since I have been DONE with that part of life for 1 1/2 years now!! It's good to be done. And I really don't remember much of anything from school!

BUT I hear you get out of it what you put in! I didn't WANT to learn anything, and didn't try. So you be different and try! :) I know you will b/c you like your major!

I LOVE TGIF!!! It's my fav! What did you get there? I love the Jack Daniels stuff!

Are you talking about the Budweiser stable? because that is in Loveland! We met someone there who worked at it, giving tours of the stable/horses to the public! I LOVE Loveland! You should go there! I will too! :)

Awesome video also. I will show it to Ty. Not sure if he has seen it. He will love it! Yay for Josh for shaving!!

:)

Lynne Howard said...

How many guys did you marry 3 years ago??!?

MsJamie2008 said...

Well Jess and Josh, You two have it cut out for you!

Holy Cow are you guys busy!

I am very proud of how far the both of you have come! I wish you both the best!

I really Do!

I definitely miss you guys! I can't wait til one day I can see you guys again!

Jess your looking really happy and I am glad to see it!

Cool picture with you on the ball excersising at work and all! Lol...

Well Drew turns 7 on Monday hard to believe, the time has come so fast.

I need to get him ready to go with his dad for the weekend, I hope you have a great weekend too! Tell Josh we said hi!

Luv Always, Jamie, Dirk and Drew! :)

About Brandon said...

Love the chair!

B

Anne Hoyt said...

Ok guys, time for updates! :)

Anne Hoyt said...

TIME FOR UPDATES already! It has been MONTHS! AND you are done with school for a while! No excuses! :)

Annette Hoyt said...

It has been since September! I am going to stop checking your blog if you guys don't update soon!