Friday, March 27, 2009

A Sorry Sorta Update, but an Update Nonetheless!!

Hi Every body!

Ok, sorry we've been so negligent lately about keeping in touch with everybody! We FINALLY got our internet connected on Thursday HOWEVER, our computer has DIED!!!!! We think it has a virus and we need ot take it in to have it looked at or debugged; somehting!!! So, everything we do internet wise has to either be done via our cell phones or at work! I don't always have time when I'm at work but, right now, we have no discharges so I have a little bit of down time to let y'all know what's bee going on. Also, this means that any picture updates will have to wait because I can't upload anything from my personal geek stick or camera into these computers, due to HIPPA laws/ confidentiality stuff. So... more waiting!

Josh is backpacking in the Guadalupe Mountains of New Mexico with his dad and two other friends until Monday! (Say a little prayer that they have a blast and make it back ok!!) I know he will have fun and he needs this break! he works almost non-stop from 4am to 1pm but tries to stay up and hang out with me after I get off @ 5pm, so by 9-930, he is exhausted. But HEY! It's not the military so we are NOT complaining! Those were some long, hard days. These are much more doable. Besides, after spring rush is over, he may be transfered to a different department with better, more normal hours! = )

We are happy with our new life! We just got a new bed set for the 2nd bedroom, which I am going to outfit this weekend! Exciting! I love doing all this stuff for our house! And we have our first guests coming this next weekend! Our friends from San Diego, The Scarboroughs, are coming to visit on their way back from Florida to California!!!! We're super excited!! I just hope you guys know that Lubbock is NO CALIFORNIA!!! haha! Or even Florida for that matter! But, we will BBQ and have a good ole time, like we always do! Oh! And Lynne & Buddy may be coming out to spend Thanksgiving with us! new developement that we are also VERY excited about!

Josh has been reaccepted to Texas Tech, the college here that we want to go to. My application is still pending as a first time applicant! So, say a prayer! He wants to go into business, as of now anyway. = ) I want to major in animal science, with emphasis on Equine Studies. In fact, just yesterday I spoke with a nice lady who works at/owns (I think!) a barn that is involved with Equine related therapies. I am meeting her on April 1st, to check out the Hippotherapy program and make sure that it is something that I really want to get involved in! Then, hopefully, I can talk to her about some volunteer work! Check out her website at http://refugeservices-inc.tripod.com/default.html

Other than that, not much else to really tell. We're enjoying getting to babysit my brother-in-laws Rottweiler, Jade. She's a hoot! She just LOVES our cats who want NOTHING to do with her! Haha! Aspen has figured out that she can chase her all over the house! What a bully! The 12lb cat chasing the 91 lb Rot!!!! What a sight, lemme tell you! And we finally found out that our free 2 puppies are pretty much gone for good. It's really hard to find stolen puppies = ( However, my dad's cousin is having a litter soon and has offered us two if we want them! OF COURSE! Can't resist 2 free German Shepherd puppies!! Duh! I'm not a complete dummy! = D

Anywho! Its my lunch break and I need to run and let the dog out to potty! Love you all and will be sending emails and updates as soon as I can!

~Hugs~
Jess

1 comment:

Rafe and Kyna said...

Jess! I'm excited for you! I wish I could see Aspen having it out with the Rot! That would be hilarious! I'm sending you a postcard really soon. Love you both! ~Kyna~