I was so beautiful! I cried! (a LOT!!) = ) In fact, you can see me crying in MANY of the pictures, I'm sure! It just made me realize that my very best friend wouldn't just be MY best friend anymore; now I had to share her with someone else. I guess I never grasped that concept when Josh and I got married. I also think it hit home more because we actually got to WATCH Anne and Tyler get married; it was just Josh and I when we got hitched! All in all though, everything was wonderful! The bride looked beautiful and the groom looked thrilled. Leaves of all colors cascaded down through the trees the entire ceremony. The dogs were there. And they rode off into the sunset on their horses for the start of their new lives together. Congratulations you two!
Lynne & I @ the Bridal Shower
Everyone from the Bridal Shower!
What was s'posed to be the forcast for the weekend! Yikes! It all turned out well though! Sunny and beautiful!
Anne & Tyler's arrangements near the wedding site; this was such a nifty idea, I think. They took straw bails and put the lantern hooks in them, hung lit lanters and put burnt orange mums underneath! It was simple, creative, and a very attractive piece!
Instead of doing the traditional candle lighting ceremony, Anne & Tyler chose to do The Sand Ceremony. They each took a jar filled with a different color sand (representing themselves) and together poured it into a new, fresh jar. The sand, of course, did not pour in perfectly; in fact, it was very lopsided! Just like a marriage, the sand had narrow spots, wide spots... and spots that where just full of one another! And over the years, their sand will shift, yet, it will continue to form new paths for them to journey down together, just like their marriage.
We also got to spend some time with the family, which was great. The kiddos are all growing up too quick! I wish the trip had been longer for us to spend more time with them.
Steph and I bein goofy @ my grandparents house!
Grandma and her new kitty, Smokey.
Here is my grandpa and grandma Phillips; we're all standing in front of this map my grandma keeps that has colored thumb-tacks, telling everyone where josh and I have been around the world. They also tack up the post cards that we send them whenever we go somewhere new!
On a final note, I am now officially a civilian. My time with the Marine Corps ended at midnight on 26 October. I don't know quite how to feel just yet... a little sad, happy, confused, or all the above. I will say that I am proud to have served my country over the last 7 years, and will always be a supporter of the United States Marine Corps, and all our troops. Understand the sacrifices that all the men and women in uniform make to serve our country and protect the very freedoms that we all take for granted. And make sure that next time you meet someone who is in the military to tell them thank you for what they do.
Unitl next time!
Josh and Jess----->
* all comments in blue were added in by Jess after this blog was put together by Josh!
4 comments:
nice pics! I miss you!!
yay for awesome pics and updates! Josh you did an amazing job with pictures and I am sure the video is amazing as well! we are excited to watch it soon! I am SO glad you guys could be a part of the wedding!!! Jess, it's a good thing I wasn't looking at you during the ceremony or I would have bawled the whole time too! :) Great explanation of the sand Jess! :) Josh, I am excited for you!! Now a normal person....Jess, soon to be one! Praying for you guys during this transition! Hope the new job goes well Josh!! Thanks again for EVERYTHING guys! The wedding seriously would not have happened with out you!!
it was nice to MEET you guys too. hope everything is going well for you guys. say hi to california for us...
Happy Birthday, Marines!
Post a Comment