MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!!!!!!!

Then on Saturday, the 22nd, we had another date day!! We went down to Balboa Park and walked around, enjoying the GORGEOUS 72 degree weather and taking advantage of all the museums and gardens! First we hit up San Diego's Air & Space Museum! It still amazes me that the fighter jets we work on today all started with some wood, a little bit of canvas, and a good idea. = ) Simply amazing. Not to mention reading some of the stories behind great astronauts such as Neil Armstrong and Wally Schirra.
Then, after exploring a bit, we hit up San Diego's Museum of Natural History! I really enjoyed this one! We got a chance to look first hand @ the famous Dead Sea Scrolls! It was really amazing seeing so much history in one spot like that! And just knowing that you were standing there, looking at hand-written work done by someone thousands of years ago! I'm STILL reeling from that knowledge!! If it ever comes your way, we really recommend going to see it, and learning the history behind it all. Maybe you'll pay a little more attention on Sunday mornings. = )
We also enjoyed seeing the things that you usually see in a museum, like dino bones!!!
Or Josh trying to pick a fight with the inanimate objects!! Heehee!! It sure was cute tho!
Here is some hot guy just hangin out in front of the museum! Woo woo!
We also enjoyed the local architecture in Balboa Park! Isn't it just beautiful?
And we made sure to say "Hi!" to Santa Claus on our way out! Lol... Christmas without snow... it still amazes me...
It was so neat to see just how many people came out to root for their team! The stadium just kept filling up! Mostly with home team Chargers fans!!!
Except Josh; he was the odd ball of our little group! He was rooting for the Broncos!!!! ( Really tho, he is a fan of both and he was glad the Chargers won it!) = ) Oh, and Annie is a Green Bay Packers fan! Lol!
GO CHARGERS!!!
The Chargers did end up winning, 23-3! It was a good game! Now they have Home Field Advantage for the playoffs! Good Luck, Guys! We're rootin for ya!
And so are ALL THESE OTHER FANS!!!
Just look how many people showed up last night! WOW!!!
Needless to say, we really enjoyed ourselves!
Josh & I @ the Chargers Game!
CHRISTmas Day!
And now, we come to today!!! = ) We have definitely decided that we cherished our time to sleep in this morning, especially after knowing so many friends with young children! So, just in case this is our last Christmas alone (don't worry, no hidden message there!) we are gonna enjoy the quiet!
And, even tho he knew he was getting it, he still liked the Under Armor Hoodie!
Anne, Lynne... I LOVED the new IWU stuff that you guys sent! Josh says thanks, too! (Even tho, between the 3 of us... he may never see his! Haha!)
Josh's most excitable (and noisy) present was Guitar Hero!! He loves this game! Every time we would walk past it in a store he would go "Guitar Hero! I love that game!"
And I definitely think the gift that I will enjoy the most is the new backpack that Josh bought me! Now we can both go do some hiking TOGETHER!
My favorite gift to Josh tho, was his coffee mug. Sounds un-interesting, I know. Except that it is signed by all the guys in his shop from his last squadron. = )
And now.. we're just hanging out, enjoying all the time we get to spend together away from work. Josh is enjoying his game while I am updating the Blog. = ) I think I'm gonna go watch him for a bit. = ) We will probably go over to the Scarborough's house for lunch later. Other than that, we're just gonna do a whole lotta nothin! Which we are excited about!
Remember the real meaning of Christmas. It's not about Santa Claus or presents. It's about Jesus Christ and all that he has done for us. So, if you have the Nativity Story, watch it. Pick up The Good Book and read up. Today is not "Santa Claus Day". It's CHRISTmas for a reason.
God Bless!
6 comments:
we're glad you guys liked the shirts! You look so good! hope you had a great first married Christmas!! call us sometime!
love you and miss you!!
-LP
It looks like you two had a great first Christmas as a married couple. I wish we could have all been together, but I am glad that at least you two were together!! We love you!!
HEY! thanks for the Christmas update! please update what you did for New Years!!! :) also don't forget to check my blog to see how my Canada trip went. Also check the pics on my facebook albums! Love you guys! -Anne
jess....I am not happy that I have called you, posted online, emailed you, etc. and I have not heard from you in over a month!! If I am going to be in your wedding, and you in mine, you need to be in contact with me! AND if we are going to be friends, you need to be in contact with me, somehow, someway!! Please try to take time to call or email me back. I miss you!
I promise that we are both alive and well... I will make jess call you more!!!! :)
Josh
ok that's it. jessie's fired. josh is our new best friend. :)
Post a Comment