Josh the morning I took him to the airport!
Josh is now on terminal leave from the Marine Corps! Yeah!! As of August 27th! Here is the last picture of him in cammies!
I had my 23rd bday! We actually celebrated on the 24th since it was a weekend! Josh helped me open my presents (and zipped me up in one!) then we got all dressed up and went to Red Lobster for dinner! He even got me flowers! Awwwww!! How sweet!!!!
Here's my new sleeping bag! A North Face Cat's Meow!
For Labor Day, Josh and I did another bike ride down in Los Penesquitos Canyon & it was HOT!! I dunno if you can tell from the pictures or not but, I think I almost keeled over @ one point! Whew! Josh loves 2 go in the middle of the day because he "loves to sweat!" Well, I love to not pass out so, next time, we're goin' early in the mornin'!!
Me, almost dying, I think...
Josh & I at the Waterfall, taking a super much needed break!
Josh, looking all refreshed & un-sweaty.... grumble grumble...
Josh again, in a more shaded and green part of the Canyon
So, I learned in the past few days that my dad's lab results came back positive, meaning that this last round of chemo therapy was unsuccessful. So, the cancer is still there, moving around in his blood, trying to find a place to bed down, besides his liver; this is called Metastasis. (Wikipedia can tell you more if you really wanna learn.) So, I went online to the LIVESTRONG Foundation and ordered a ton of these wristbands, to wear & pass out, to support Dad and the rest of our family through the difficult times that lie ahead. If you want one, lemme know, otherwise, go to www.livestrong.org and you can order bunches. Please keep him and the rest of my family in your prayers. Hopefully, like my step-mom Beth did with her cancer, he can beat this!
Last night, I hung out with our friends, the Beresh-es, and I took them to Josh and my favorite little sushi place here! Then I let them take me rock climbing @ the Vertical Hold! Super fun, if you ever getta chance to go do it! I have trouble holding on tho, with my one weak arm! Ug! = )
Rafe & Kyna @ Yoshi Sushi! Here's the yummy Shrimp Crunch Roll! And I dunno WHAT Rafe is doing! Lol!
Kyna bein' crazy @ The Vertical Hold!
We've been trying to spend as much time with our friends as possible, as well as seeing everything we can around San Diego & southern California, because we will be outta here in less than 170 days!!! We'll be on the road to Lubbock, Texas, after that!!! It's exciting and sad at the same time! I love it here! The only thing that I am NOT gonna miss is the traffic! The weather is perfect, the beach is 10 minutes away, and they have some of the best things to do and eat! You can go to the beach and into the mountains in the same day! It's only a couple hour drive between the 2!! Sigh... but, a new place will be welcome because it means that we get to finally start our new life. New jobs, a house with a backyard, and dogs!!!! Just to mention a few! = ) Josh and I have been brainstorming about dogs a lot here lately! He's still a little undecided about what he wants. Me, I already know! In fact, I have looked up a few breeders and found one that I really like! You can check it out if you're interested! Just go to www.24kgsd.com . They only live 2hrs and 13 mins. from my parents house! That's pretty cool. I learned that after I liked them, tho! Lol!
I'm excited about getting a dog, not only as a pet companion but, it means that I can start training for K9 Search & Rescue! I'm so excited about that!
And, tomorrow look for me on T.V. (FOX) because I will be participating in the opening ceremony of the San Diego Charger's first game of the season! I'm out representing the Marine Corps, so, I'll be in one of my dress uniforms, the Charlie's! So, keep your eyes open! =)
For now, that's it! I'll keep you posted! Oh, and please keep Josh, his dad, and the rest of their backpacking buddies in your prayers as they leave tomorrow for their 1 week long backpacking trip in New Mexico/ Colorado! Good luck guys! Be safe! Love you, Josh! MUAH!
Life is Good!!
Jess
4 comments:
what a great update! you've done so much, jess! sounds like fun! unfortunately I don't have ANY pictures from anything the last few weeks because the charger for my camera got lost when I moved for my roommate, and I'm still waiting on my new one to come in the mail....
and also- i have a recommendation for what kind of dog you should get- a yellow lab, of course! the best kind there is! :)
see you soon!
Yay! Thanks for the update! I miss Kyna and Rafe! Rock climbing looks like fun! And biking....does NOT look like fun! Make Josh take his guys friends who actually LIKE going!!! I would! And I think there is a typo in this blog...you said the ONLY thing you WILL MISS from San Diego is the traffic.....really?! I thought you hated it! Hey, I will get to see you in 6 weeks! Have you bought your tickets yet?! Let me know!! Miss and Love you!
We do have our tickets, and yes Jess and I both HATE the traffic!!!! I am sure that was a typo. We are back from our backpacking trip, so I will be working on a blog as soon as I get the rest of the pics... I love you too baby! MUAH!
Its amazing how much the two of you have done just alone in the last few months!!
I cannot wait to see what journeys are ahead for you in your lifes..
Keep them coming.
Jess, I hope you had a wonderful birthday cause I sure enjoyed planning for it all. (The work birthday surprise party for you and the two other clerks!) Not to mention the late surprise from me and Drew! So, I hope you will always remember us when you open it. We will miss you dearly..
Please never change and keep that same high spirited nature about you, because you are a doll and you are so genuine!
Luvs
Jamie
Post a Comment